Monday, November 17, 2003

A-Rod Wins, Random thoughts.

Alex Rodriguez finally won the AL MVP today, in a very tight race. Although I'm not sure I would have voted for him this year (I thought Carlos Delgado and Jorge Posada had excellent cases), I'm happy he won. He's deserved it before, and I'm glad the BBWAA got over their last-place bias.

In other baseball notes...Rob Neyer has a good piece today discussing why the Yankees are so good and why they're likely to remain so good. I'm just happy to see him write about something other than the Red Sox. Also, Japanese star Kaz Matsui has announced he's coming to the major leagues. I don't know much about him, beyond the stats (which are impressive), but it's said the Yankees will probably make a run at him, possibly moving Soriano to centerfield. We'll see.

Retromedia has closed! I'm so very bummed out about this. I had only recently discovered the site and now it's being yanked away from me--I had so many clips left to watch! Maybe we should all throw money at this guy so he re-opens the site.

No comments: