Thursday, December 11, 2003

Harumph

I don't have time to write much this morning, so, suffice to say, Andy Pettitte going to Houston really peeves me. As much as I blame Steinbrenner, and his candy-ass attempts to take over the reigns this off-season and plunge the Yankees back into the mid 1980s, I'm pissed at Pettitte, too. The press made it sound like the Yankees didn't really make Pettitte the high priority they claimed he was, but who's to say for sure except Steinbrenner, Pettitte & Cashman? Andy was always too much of a bible-sniffer for my taste, but he got the job done, and with a modicum of style. I know it's horribly old-fashioned, but after winning 149 games and four World Series with the Yankees, I would have thought Pettitte might want to stay (for MORE money) and spend his whole career in pinstripes, break Whitey Ford's team win record, go to the Hall of Fame, etc. I guess he'd rather "go home." Whatever. The Yankees are now in a jam, and only Pettitte and the Yankees know of who's making it really was.

No comments: