Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Winter approaches...

I know it's still autumn, but damned if it doesn't feel like winter, what with all the snow on the ground and the freezing temperatures (okay, actually I think it was 34 or so yesterday, whatevah...). I'm battling off some sort of weirdo cold. I feel okay, but my head is stuffy and my eyes are red and watery. I cough for a bit, and then it disappears for half a day. I don't get sick very often, and I feel like my body can't decide if it's ill or not. I have a long ass work week coming up, plus Christmas shopping and that friggin' three hour Lord of the Rings movie on deck, so I vote for "not ill."
I've been thinking about movies that are perfect for watching on those snowed-in days. Some people would go for all summery, warm, tropical locations and so forth, but I actually like to reinforce that feeling of being inside and cozy on a cold, snowy evening. Therefore, I like watching cold, snowy, wintery movies. The two that leapt to mind were David Lean's Doctor Zhivago and John Carpenter's remake of The Thing. Oh, and Ice Station Zebra, but I've never seen that. I'd like to though. Does anyone want to lend me a copy?

No comments: