Monday, April 05, 2004

Opening Day, sort of

Well, NOW it should really feel like baseball season. The Red Sox got blasted by the Orioles last night, and today there's a nice slate of games that actually count. So, a week after the Yankees and Tampa Bay squared off in Japan, we're finally underway.
It's funny--even though it's one game, and I wasn't at all phased by the Yankees loss to Tampa in the first game in Tokyo, I was ecstatic to see Baltimore beat Pedro Martinez and the Sox last night. Is it some sort of omen for Pedro and thus, perhaps for the Red Sox? Most likely not, but it's fun to dream.
NCAA Men's Championship game tonight, which almost always makes for good TV. I don't follow NCAA hoops like I used to, and I've watched very little of this season and this tournament. That said, I like U Conn.

In unrelated news...
It's amazing how many places in and on your body don't feel just exactly right after a weekend of heavy boozing. I went to a close friend's wedding this weekend and we all hit the sauce like it was going out of style (which I don't really see happening any time soon). I had a great time, but OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

No comments: