Monday, April 19, 2004

Patriots' Day

The Yankees and RedSox are underway at Fenway already, and its not even 11:15 a.m. As much as I rag on the Sox, I love that they play this early (11 a.m.) Patriots' Day game every year. It's such a cool and weird tradition. I mean, what the heck is Patriots' Day anyway? Does anyone else in the US celebrate it? Okay, Michael Kay just told me it celebrates the anniversary of Paul Revere's ride. I guess I like the concept of a regional holiday. I think New York should do something similar, you know, close the banks and schools on LaGuardia's birthday or something. More holidays and weekday day games!
I haven't written much lately because I was having some annoying PC problems, some sort of spyware-related trojan horse/virus type deal. Everything seems fixed now, thanks largely to the good folks over at Computer Cops.
One last thing before I go watch the game...when you're out on the town, boozing down in Chinatown, watch out for those Royal Fucks. Whew!

No comments: